A Year Round High Tunnel To Expand Your Growing Potential
The Bobcat is an affordable greenhouse designed for the small or beginner farmer, ideally to grow vegetables year round. Named for the highly-adaptable feline hunter native to the woods of North America, this customizable 16-foot wide, gothic-shaped high tunnel is available in several lengths up to 96’ long, and is highly compatible with several options and upgrades to adapt to your exact growing requirements. Featuring durable components and simple construction, the Bobcat provides the perfect environment for your crops, all year long.
- A strong, well-built high tunnel at an affordable price
- Super easy to construct with a simple design and quality components
- The bows are two pieces connected together with a sturdy ridge connector
- Single ridge purlin with wind bracing adds necessary rigidity to the structure
- Ground posts include a driver to easily secure structure into the ground for superior holding power
- Extra sidewall height for efficient crop production
- 16' width
- Available in 3 different lengths (48', 72', & 96').
- Gothic shaped greenhouse with 4 ft. bow spacing, one ridge purlin & wind bracing
- Steel is 1.315 OD, 17 ga.
- Ground posts are 1.66 OD, 14 ga. 4 ft. long and are driven into the ground 2 ft. with a ground post driver that is supplied with the frame
- Sidewall height is around 5 ft. before the curve begins. Peak height is around 11 ft.
- Hardware is included to attach a baseboard to the frame
- Very resilient to wind and snow
- Super easy and quick to assemble
- Adding a truss support will double the strength of the greenhouse
- Includes steel supports and hardware to attach to frame
- Good for crop supports
- Low cost for extra strength in climates with snow
- 2 x 4 end wall brackets - includes enough brackets and hardware to frame end walls with 2" x 4" wood. Wood not included.
- Metal End Wall Framing Kit - includes enough 1.5" square steel, brackets, hardware to frame end walls with 1.5" square steel.
End Wall Covering
- Woven Poly End Walls - include woven poly panels for a single layer on each end wall and wire lock to fasten poly to end walls.
- Polycarbonate End Walls - include twin wall clear polycarbonate, all extrusions, hardware and gable wire lock.
- Polycarbonate End Walls not available for pickup.
- Single Poly - includes one layer of poly, and wirelock to attach.
- Double Inflated Poly - includes two layers of poly, wire lock for along the sides and an inflation kit.
- T-handle - includes roll pipe, hardware and T-handle operators for 2 roll-up sides.
- Manual Gear Box - includes roll pipe, hardware and Manual Gear Box operators for 2 roll-up sides.
- Automated - includes environmental controller, roll pipe, hardware, and Low-Voltage Motors for 2 roll-up sides.
- Automated with Solar Kit - everything you need to automate your roll-up sides in an off-grid system. Includes a solar powered environmental controller, 12VDC batttery, 140W solar panel, temperature sensor, sensor and power wire, a charge controller, two low-voltage motors for roll-up sides, and a roll-up sides kit.
***Gable Peak Exhaust Fan & Shutter w/ Thermostat
- Includes an exhaust fan(s), shutters and necessary thermostats to control all equipment.
- If the "Automated with Solar Kit" roll-up sides option was selected, exhaust fan will not run off low voltage solar power. Kit will instead have an upgraded environmental controller, two aluminum peak shutters, and two low voltage linear actuators.
- Either one or two Single Sliding (42" x 7') doors.